Whether lying awake in bed at night when hunger pangs strike, or in a social gathering where bite plates are circulating, the majority of us have experienced food cravings which are just too tough to resist. When the time comes to choose your snack, are you ready to make the perfect decision? More specifically, are your prepared to reach for a food that will actually burn more calories than it comprises? These types of foods, known as negative calorie foods, have so little energy that your body uses more energy to digest and absorb the nutrients than the food actually contains! Switching to negative calorie foods for the vast majority of your snacking, together with a good exercise program, can let you literally watch fat melt away! This report is going to offer you a jump-start in your nutrition with 10 negative energy snacks that will boost your metabolism and burn loads of calories.
1. Cabbage. I propose supplementing a daily salad with chopped cabbage strips, or locating a healthy cabbage salad recipe.
2. Celery. Drenched in peanut butter and raisins does not count.
3. Cucumber. Sliced cucumbers make a excellent addition to any salad or stir-fry.
5. Tomatoes. Cherry tomatoes are terrific snacks, or stack them on a wholesome sandwich with lettuce (another negative calorie food!) .
7. Grapefuit. A bowl of fresh grapefruit on the breakfast table is a smart addition.
8. Watermelon/Honeydew/Canteloupe. Again, great for smoothies, nice for breakfast, great for snacking.
9. Peaches. Throw into a ziplock bag for a convenient snack at work or travel.
10. Mandarin oranges. Wonderful on salads, or with a meat like chicken.
So how does it work? Basically, your body’s response to the existence of these foods results in the production of digestive enzymes, which act like little motors to break up carbohydrates, protein, and fat. However, because of their specific vitamin and mineral content, the enzyme response to these foods is so great that there are sufficient engines to not only break down the negative calorie food, but also additional calories that are present in digestion. So a 5 calorie piece of celery may require 30 calories to burn, resulting in a negative 25 calorie intake. Amazing!